Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It was just a dream...!!

This poem of mine was published in our college magazine Ripples '08.

It was just a dream...!!
The green board,looked dull
with dust and chalk
All I could see was the,
numbers whispering to each other.
I felt like the windings were,
making big whirlpools
I felt like,I was being thrown,
out of a cruising aircraft.
Jeez...!!what am I seeing...?
Someone just hurled that,
dc motor at me !!!
I dodged,but I cracked my,head,
against the huge transformer.
In deep agony,I realized, and
my jaws dropped dead deep
Gawd....!!!This is our machines lab...!!
The motors came to life
with a thunderous roar.
In the corner,the series motor,
gave me a cold stare.
The heavy load on the ground,
was heating himself up
as to pounce on me with vengeance.
I could feel the generators
moving behind me.
The shelves in the room
looked like huge canons.
Ready to pelt the
watt meters,ammeters and voltmeters at me.
I felt something hit my forehead
I shut my eyes tightly,
to meet the inevitable.
A few seconds paused,gently
I opened my eyes.
I was still in my maths class,
the teacher had,just hit,me
with the chalk in her hand.
My heart still pounding,I
gave her a weak smile.
I breathed a sigh of relief....,
It was just a dream....!!!

No comments: